Thursday, February 26, 2009

If I were going to join a professional organization I would join the National Council for History Education (NCHE). The organization focuses on the importance of history in the classroom and society. It is not just an organization for teachers, therefore the people who are members range from professors to historic community groups. This organization could open a range of opportunities for me and my students. With access to over hundreds of historians and their work, I will be able to open a historic window for my students to see through. Also, this organization is recognized nation wide as a creditable historic organization whose mission is to spread the importance of history education. If I were to join the organization this would be important because schools nation wide would appreciate my commitment to the education and preservation of history. Also, I will be awarded discounts to all historic landmarks and a monthly magazine that discusses the most recent historic news and discussions on historic topics of today. The benefits of joining this groups are endless. As a social studies teacher the organization could help provide me with resources I need in the classroom as well as historic experiences for my students. My next step will be finding my debit card and applying for membership online.

No comments:

Post a Comment